Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed.
July 20th, 2019 marks the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission.
Apollo 11 launched on July 16th, 1969. Four days later, astronauts Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins, and Buzz Aldrin made history as the first men to ever land on the moon. From launch to landing, this mission sparked a sense of adventure and curiosity, leading to 10 more astronauts following in their footsteps.
In celebration of this monumental moment in history, Conimicut in Warwick, RI has organized its 50th Anniversary Moon Landing Parade. Retired Astronaut turned Professor, Sherwood C. Spring, will be the parade Grand Marshal. The line-up for the parade also includes:
- Warwick Police Color Guard
- Miss Rhode Island
- Local and State Political Leaders
- Military Color Guard
- 88th Army Band
- Antique Military Vehicles
- Float – Apollo Command Module
- Float – Saturn V Rocket
- Boy Scout Troop
- Apollo Era – Antique Vehicles
- The Pawtuxet Rangers Militia
- Warwick Fire Department Honor Guard
- Warwick Fire Department Fire Apparatus
- Girl Scout Troop
- The Milkman Band
- The Model T-Club
- Antique Cars from 1950s and earlier
- And More…
Post Parade Activities:
American Legion will hold all post parade activities including food trucks and live music. Shoreline Pizza, Papi’s Tacos, and Timmy’s Restaurant will also be available for parade attendees to dine in.
Donate now to support all necessary parade expenses.