Do you have a shop-a-holic in your group or family? Although Providence has many activities to keep you busy such as art galleries, historic tours, and plenty of beaches, it also offers an abundance of shops and retail stores. Get ready to shop til you drop after you hear our recommendations!
Providence Place Mall
Providence Place Mall is the biggest shopping mall in Rhode Island, with over 170 stores and restaurants that could keep you busy for an entire day! Book-ended by Nordstroms, JC Penny, and Macy’s, Providence Place offers stores for all kinds of shoppers. If you catch Providence on a rainy day, not to worry! Providence Place is home to an IMAX Movie Theater that contains an additional 16 theaters for you to enjoy! There is also a Dave & Buster’s Arcade that will keep the whole family entertained.
The Arcade Providence
Built in 1828, the Arcade is the oldest indoor shopping mall in the country. Recently it has been renovated to maintain its historical atmosphere while still functioning as a shopping mall. Located on Weybosset Street, The Arcade is home to 48 small retail stores. From boutiques to art galleries, there is something for everyone here.
The DownCity district of Providence, especially Westminster Street, is the perfect place to check out if you’re looking to explore downtown while also getting some shopping in! All along Westminster Street you can find shops for men, women, shoes, books, crafts and much more! Below are some of our must see suggestions!
- Wharf Clothing and Wares – Men’s Apparel and Accessories
- Queen of Hearts – Women’s Clothing. Queen of Hearts supports local designers, a unique fact that makes this small boutique extra special!
- Modern Love – Shoes. Modern Love is the sister store to Queen of Hearts. Both are a must shop.
- Craftland – The perfect place to find little trinkets and homemade crafts! You’ll never know what you’ll find in this small boutique and there is always something new.
Home to Brown University and RISD, Thayer Street is a popular destination for college students, but also visitors of Rhode Island. Thayer Street has many stores and restaurants that are local favorites! Below are some of our suggestions for shops on Thayer Street.
- Urban Outfitters – This popular clothing store has set up shop on Providence’s Thayer Street!
- Pie in the Sky – Pie in the Sky is a unique little jewelry boutique that has something for everyone.
- Pleasant Surprise – In search for a cute gift or craft? You’ll definitely want to check out this shop.