The fires will be lit shortly after sunset (4:31pm) and remain lit until MIDNIGHT.
WaterFire Salute to Veterans
Visit the WaterFire Salute to Veterans event site for more details about this great event devoted to saluting and honoring our Veterans and all military personnel of the United States and their families.
WaterFire Schedule for November 9th, 2013
5:00pm – 11:30pm – The WaterFire Store
- The WaterFire Store on Canal Street, buy a t-shirt, hoodie, poster, magnet, pendants and much more to help support WaterFire and keep the fires burning.
5:00pm – 12:00am – Experience RI Saturday Night Shuttle
Sunset (4:31pm) – Midnight
- 80 bonfires on the rivers accompanied by WaterFire Music
Sunset (4:31pm) – 11:00pm – Add Your Light to the Night
- Visit our Guest Stations where you can become a part of the artwork with your own Ribbon of Light; and our Ambassadorscan answer your questions and guide you to next great event!
- Share your dedication with the world and light a Luminaria Candle Lantern ($5 per luminaria)
- Make it a Starry, Starry Night by wishing upon a star and become a part of the art! ($10 to hang a wish on a star and $30 to bring home your own illuminating blue star)
8:00pm – 10:00pm – Catch WaterFire Performers along the River
- Fire dancers skillfully dance amid the sparks spinning fire along the river; you can find them performing on the boats and on ‘The Wall” of braziers in Memorial Park throughout the night
- World War Memorial (in Memorial Park): Be mesmerized The Gargoyles and the Oracles from Ten31 Productions
- Stop by Union Plaza to see the internationally acclaimed, award winning music and dance group, Inca Son. All dressed as their Inca fore-bearers performing enchanting melodies on their Andean pan-flutes.
Alex and Ani | Charity by Design program is honored to sponsor the Providence WaterFire’s Salute to Veterans on November 9th, 2013. Our new relationship will continue our celebration of America’s Veterans and help spread support for their service. We are proud to collaborate on such a wonderful event here in our hometown.
(RIBA) is comprised of members from both Television and Radio stations that serve the Southern New England area. An association dedicated to promoting diversity and following the tenets of democracy, its Board of Directors lead with a spirit of unity in their mission to raise awareness of issues in need of a voice, using the power of broadcasting.
A strong bank sits at the heart of a healthy community – giving loans to our neighbors, investing in local businesses, supporting local community initiatives, and helping the environment. At Citizens, we strive to contribute to the health of the community because not only is good banking good citizenship, good citizenship is good business.