The fires will be lit shortly after sunset (6:46pm) and remain lit until MIDNIGHT.
Tonight’s sponsors are: (Up)Beat Cancer: Joe Andruzzi Foundation presented by East Commerce Solutions, Inc. & RI Rally4Recovery & The U.S.-China Institute and Confucius Institute at Bryant University & National Grid
“We couldn’t be more excited to partner with WaterFire Providence as one of this year’s season sponsors,” said Joe Andruzzi, President, Joe Andruzzi Foundation. “The enduring flames of the WaterFire bonfires, which unite and inspire the community, are symbolic of our Foundation’s UpBeat philosophy and our approach to tackling cancer’s impact. I can think of no better setting for the Foundation’s dedicated supporters and inspirational patients to gather and celebrate. We would especially like to thank one of our most ardent supporters, East Commerce Solutions, Inc., and the entire WaterFire community for helping to make this special lighting possible.”
“Rally4Recovery is pleased to collaborate for the fourth year with WaterFire to put a public face on recovery from addiction to alcohol and other drugs, mental illness and developmental disabilities,” said Jim Gillen, Chair of the RI Recovery Month Coalition. “We know how important it is for Rhode Islanders and our elected officials to know that people can and do recover and lead full and productive lives when they get the help they need.” Rally4Recovery takes place at Roger Williams National Memorial and includes a procession to Memorial Park at WaterFire.
In celebration Bryant University’s 150 Year anniversary, the US-China Institute and Confucius Institute at Bryant University are proud to be a sponsor of WaterFire Providence to celebrate our diversity through promoting Chinese language and cultural heritage.
“National Grid strongly supports WaterFire and all that it means for Providence and Rhode Island,” said Timothy F. Horan, president of National Grid in Rhode Island. “This signature event has become a leading contributor to the vitality of our economy as it continues to gain international recognition while drawing thousands of visitors who might otherwise not have visited the region.”
1:30pm – 7:00pm – The RI Rally 4 Recovery Event at The Roger Williams Memorial Park
The Rally 4 Recovery is an annual festival organized by a coalition consisting of persons in recovery from addiction to alcohol and other drugs, their family members, friends and allies. Musical performances by: Drums of Freedom,The Recovery All Stars, The Senders, Ivan Neville and the Dumstaphunk Band. Family friendly activities will include: children’s and adult crafts, face painting, children’s bouncy houses, faith based activities, recovery tree dedications, quilt square dedications and quilt display, inspirational and recovery speakers, and advocacy programs.
Starting at 7:00pm there will be a luminaria procession from Roger Williams Memorial Park to the Starry, Starry Night installation in Memorial Park.
- The WaterFire Store on Canal Street, buy a t-shirt, hoodie, poster, magnet, pendants and much more to help support WaterFire and keep the fires burning.
6:00pm- 11:30pm– WaterFire Arts Festival Plaza
- The WaterFire Arts Festival Plaza is located on Washington Street, in the heart of WaterFire and offers visitors the opportunity to purchase artwork by Rhode Island-based artists.
Sunset (6:46pm) – Midnight
- 80 bonfires on the rivers accompanied by WaterFire Music
Sunset (6:46pm) – 11:00pm – Add Your Light to the Night
- Visit our Guest Stations where you can become a part of the artwork with your own Ribbon of Light; and our Ambassadorscan answer your questions and guide you to next great event!
- Share your dedication with the world and light a Luminaria Candle Lantern ($5 per luminaria)
- Make it a Starry, Starry Night by wishing upon a star and become a part of the art!
8:00pm – 10:00pm – Catch WaterFire Performers along the River
- Spogga, the fire dancer, skillfully dances amidst the sparks spinning fire along the river; you can find him performing on the boats and on ‘The Wall” of braziers in Memorial Park throughout the night
- World War Memorial (in Memorial Park): Be mesmerized The Gargoyles and the Oracles from Ten31 Productions
- Stop by Union Plaza to see the internationally acclaimed, award winning music and dance group, Inca Son. All dressed as their Inca fore-bearers performing enchanting melodies on their Andean pan-flutes.