On Saturday, October 3rd, 2015, join us at the Renaissance Providence Hotel and The VETs Memorial Auditorium for this one of a kind event directly relating to cancer patients, survivors and their families.
Some of what “Your Passport to Survivorship & Wellness” will Feature:
– A main Show Floor featuring 30+ vendors specializing in health, wellness, cancer care and resources directed directly to patients, survivors and their families
– The Patient/Survivor Connections Lounge: Join with people who have “Been there”. Discuss with a group of people who know exactly what you are talking about. Sit back and relax in the meditation area or even connect with long lost friends.
– The Survivor Spa: Sit back, relax and meditate. Take a few moments for yourself and collect your thoughts in this relaxing environment.
– The “Wellness Link” : Based in the main theatre of the Veterans Memorial Auditorium- Listen to a diverse number of speakers that will do short lectures regarding many different topics related to Breast Cancer and Survivorship.
– An Interactive Health Zone: “Get Fit. Get Moving.” Understand the many aspects of what is needed to live a healthy lifestyle. This area will include health screenings as well as information on fitness and survivorship.
– The Nutrition Lab: Local restauranteurs and nutritionists will discuss health eating habits and how to prepare delicious food for your health and well-being.
– Keynote Addresses by Geralyn Lucas (Author of “Why I Wore Lipstick to My Mastectomy”) and Michael Samuelson (Author of “Voices from the Edge” and “Beyond Cancer Survival”)